You may be able to claim compensation if you were injured through someone else’s negligence in a public place. This form of claim can be made against the owner or occupier of the space, whether they be an individual, business, organisation or public authority. Claims can sometimes be made against a negligent owner of the space, even if the accident was directly caused by another individual.


Examples of this kind of injury include:

  • Falls in playgrounds, shops or on footpaths
  • A physical assault or dog attack in a public park or footpath
  • An injury on a sports field or while boating
  • A bicycle accident where no motor vehicle is involved. (For injuries involving motor vehicles, see motor accidents compensation.)


You will need to make records of the circumstances of the injury, treatment, care costs, and lost income.


Please call Phillips Taglieri on (03) 6222 6333 so we can advise you.


Phillips Taglieri may take on personal injury cases on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis strictly at our discretion.