Phillips Taglieri can help you claim compensation if you have suffered physical or psychological harm as the victim of a crime. Damages are awarded by the State Government through the Victims of Crime Compensation Scheme. As well as past and future harm suffered, compensation may cover expenses and financial loss (such as lost wages) which resulted from the crime.


Lower levels of compensation are available to secondary or related victims of crime. Compensation is not awarded for property damage resulting from a crime.


You need to keep medical reports, as well as receipts and records of any expenses and financial losses.


Victims of crime compensation does not cover death as a result of a workplace accident, but may cover pain and suffering, even if workers’ compensation has been paid. Victims of crime compensation also does not cover motor vehicle accidents.


Please call Phillips Taglieri on (03) 6222 6333 so we can advise you.